Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A new kind of Collabor88tion

Aaaand, we're back! This time to show off some of the goodies from this month's Collabor88 offerings. A little late, as usual the new Firestorm has me lagging so bad I can't visit any event in the first few days. It's a bummer. Anyway, this month Collabor88 had a bit of a twist; the regular designers each got to invite another designer to be their "date" for this round. So if you went and only visited the one building, this month there are two, and some great stuff in each.

This is by no means everything I grabbed. Just a few looks I put together using (as much as possible) only items from the event. This is weird for me, but I did not pick up any skin this time around, despite Illusory having a cute offering. Her new face just doesn't work with my shape.



This cute retro-inspired dress by Ingenue uses one of my new favorite techniques, a mesh panel in the skirt instead of full mesh, or a sculpted/prim panel. It's actually seamless, no need to readjust for every photo, and looks fantastic with all AOs. More of this please! And the earrings are great, huge without being gaudy, and easily go from boho-casual to elegant evening out


I'm in love with this dress. Sculpted skirts don't do much for me - they conflict with my AO too often, and can be hard to fit. The one used in this dress by u.f.o. was no exception. I love the way it simulates flow, and it looks great here, but what you can't see is my heinie sticking through in the back. I'll never be able to use it for anything but photos, much as I love it, because I can't keep it proportional and fit it to my shape. u.f.o. seems to cater to the waify teen shapes we're starting to see more of.

The fox stole by Ohmai, by the way, was specifically proportioned so that it could only be *faux,* and not really *fox.* And yet the creator has already gotten some hate-filled IMs about cruelty to pixel animals. How goofy.



This last outfit is way too cool for school. Kyoot's shirt and legging contributions are very nicely textured, and the jewelry set by Caroline's may be my favorite of this collection. But it's the glasses that crack me up, in the best of ways. Intrigue is known for things that are funny, quirky, and very different from what anyone else offers, and for Collabor88 they've given us a very adult take on those giant plastic children's sunglasses. They come in 4 colors, and are completely adorable.

By the way, who here thinks backgrounds are annoying, and I should stick to the white? They're a little harder to work with, in terms of finding complementary colors that don't distract from the outfit, especially the jewelry. But I feel like people get bored with just white, or faded black. Opinions?

All poses used, by the way, are Fri.day's Collabor88 offering this month. There were a lot of poses for sale, but very few I really liked, and this is the only set I ended up getting. I'm not sure why PDA insists on making their poses with the face pointed toward the ground, but it was very sad, since they were visually interesting otherwise.


Look #1
Dress: Ingenue - Cyd Dress
Earrings: Yummy - Observation Earrings

Look #2
Earrings: EarthStones - Icicle Earrings
Stole: Ohmai - A Lil' Foxy
Dress: ::[u.f.o]:: - Always Belong to You

Look #3
Top: Kyoot - Atonement Top
Leggings: Kyoot - Atonement Leggings
Jewelry: Caroline's Jewelry - Gunmetal and Diamonds Set
Sunglasses: Intrigue Co. - Stay Classy Glasses


Worn throughout:
Skin: Illusory - Paige
Hair: Truth - Jocelyne
Shoes: G*Field - Flower Pumps "Eve"
Eyes: MADesigns - EYES_NATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment