Monday, January 2, 2012

Darkness Falls

There were a couple of exceptions, but when I was a kid, I almost always would rather have been the Disney villain than the Disney princess. Unsurprisingly to those who know me, that hasn't changed a bit. Maleficent especially has been a favorite for many years, and when I saw this lovely dress from Azul, she was brought instantly to mind.

The daring collar, the exquisite lace, and the constricted fit, right down to the sweeping hem, all make me think that Maleficent would have been happy to add this piece to her wardrobe. And so, having grabbed it for myself, I set out to create my own version of a seductive, powerful, and above all dark Disney villainess.

But no matter how compelling the adversary, they needed a breathtaking realm in which to work their evil. Luckily, my dark queen found a home at Darkness Falls in Pandemonium. There was a fantastic, spooky detail around every corner. Hello, face of my nightmares!


This kid actually made me jump. I've seen enough horror movies to know not to poke him, but I have to admit to being very tempted.






A trapped soul, perhaps, victim of this heartless witch?


 

She'll never tell.

Style Credits:
Skin: Glam Affair - Mary
Hair: Truth - Michelle
Eyes: EllaBella - Cellular Eyes
Dress: Azul - Serene
Necklace: League - Raven Necklace

Shot on location at Darkness Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment