Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vintage Fair? Hah!

So, I got in, for a few minutes. Nothing rezzed, and then the sim crashed. Oh, frabjous day. But I've got plenty of time, and it's not like anyone's depending on me to blog what's there. I just want to shop!

But I did get a couple of fantastic finds today, I think. A few things from Rhed Rhode's new bargain basement, the Black Market, and something I didn't even know I was going to love - mesh hair!
It looks like a fairly standard style, and it is. But it's a good style, and the fact that it's mesh means that it'll be moving with me. No more tossing out an otherwise awesome pose because my hair is sticking out my chest, or being eaten by my boob. Yay! Plus, I didn't realize how much I liked Wasabi Pills' texturing. It's hard to find a deep, rich brown that doesn't end up looking flat, or too dark to see definition. So thank you, Wasabi Pills!

Oh, and I did end up with something pretty vintage looking, even if it's not from the Vintage Fair. I have to admit, N-core has come a long way. When I first found them, must be a couple of years ago now, they were *the* place to get slutty/sexy spike heels. And I could not stand them. The skin was lifeless, the heels were cartoony, I just couldn't get behind 'em. So it's only because I forgot to read the name of the store that I went to Le.Look to scope out these bad boys.
And I'm so glad I did! The skin's easy(ish) to match and has some good texturing to it, the shoes are cute and realistic, and their prim feet have improved so much! I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing these everywhere, given how many options are available, AND I saw a few more of their latest releases that I'm going back for soon. Nicely done, N-core, I'm picky as hell, and I'm impressed.

Aside from the shoes, I was rockin' it pretty casual today. More casual than RL, which is very rare. But it was a t-shirt and jeans kind of day, and I had happened to pick up one of the cutest tees on the grid. At least for those of us with a soul. Yeah, debate me now. :P
Why, yes. Yes, that is a penguin clutching a heart, and yes, the entire shirt is the penguin. It is adorable. It's by Retro', and if you were at Fashionably Late last week you could have gotten this, or a whole slew of other adorable animal tees. They're closed while Vintage Fair runs, but there'll be more cute, discounted stuff in no time.

It's been a long day, so I'm off to bed. But given my mood, I have a feeling there'll be more shopping tomorrow. Have fun, you guys!

Style Credits:
Hair: Wasabi PIlls - Orion FEM (Mesh, compatible with 3.0 viewers only!)
Skin: Illusory - Paige, Winter A4
Piercings: {W&R} - Bleeding Love (available at the Black Market)
Tee: Retro' - Penguin T-shirt
Jeans: Decoy - Inferno 88 Jeans
Shoes: N-core - Jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment